Clash of Smash
March 28, 2024, 03:40:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to CoS

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Rief's Story: The Clash

Recent Items

Views: 5
Comments (0)
By: SmokeyBear

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: SmokeyBear

Views: 6
Comments (0)
By: True

Views: 4
Comments (0)
By: dmax129
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rief's Story: The Clash  (Read 469 times)
The world savers
The french fry

^ This is Nikoleis

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2008, 10:49:04 am »

I think I am the only one without a story ... I should write mine.
Report Spam   Logged

Nikoleis : "Now that's better !"
Sundy : "Come on, Adynos, the arena is just here !"
Adynos : "I know, but the exit is that way ..."
Sheylan : "Stay here, coward !" * Start a hyper dive punch *
dmax129
Master of Puppets

Nothing Can Stop Me

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2008, 05:44:18 pm »

Kakadi Doesn't have one....i don't actually have one, thats kinda like a pilot that failed terribly.
Report Spam   Logged

*is lost in the joy of a box full of packing peanuts*

Doc: and we've lost him for the day...

Now that's just a silly myth. Like Emu's.
Gaffit
Harbringer of Gamma

The One Man Gamma Ray Experience Project.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2008, 05:51:18 pm »

Kakadi Doesn't have one....i don't actually have one, thats kinda like a pilot that failed terribly.

Most storys end up that way.

Except for the Atomic one I wrote. Got half way through it before I decided that I was basically writing the same thing over and over again every chapter...
Report Spam   Logged

Dark Days Are Coming.
This Message Has Been Intercepted. You Have Been Mislead. There Is No Conspiracy.
dmax129
Master of Puppets

Nothing Can Stop Me

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2008, 05:52:34 pm »

Most storys end up that way.

Except for the Atomic one I wrote. Got half way through it before I decided that I was basically writing the same thing over and over again every chapter...

yeah....i have another one i wrote that i think judge will like, except for the first chapter....
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Harbringer of Gamma

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2008, 06:00:03 pm »

Next chapter will be up later today or tomorrow. If I put it up later today, it's gonna be pretty short, about a page and a half.
Report Spam   Logged

Dark Days Are Coming.
This Message Has Been Intercepted. You Have Been Mislead. There Is No Conspiracy.
The world savers
The french fry

^ This is Nikoleis

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2008, 03:54:09 pm »

I was pretty sure you had one ! Sorry !

But still, I'm working on it.
Report Spam   Logged

Sheylan : "Stay here, coward !" * Start a hyper dive punch *
dmax129
Master of Puppets

Nothing Can Stop Me

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2008, 05:45:06 pm »

I was pretty sure you had one ! Sorry !

But still, I'm working on it.

i do, its just if failed terribly so im restarting lol
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Harbringer of Gamma

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 04:57:18 pm »

Short chapter today boys and girls.

Chapter 4

Rief woke up in a darkened room, he was heavily bandaged above the waist and was lying in a stuffy bed. Rief looked under the blankets to see that he was wearing bland white and grey clothes that were unfamiliar to him. He looked around the room to find his equipment was nowhere to be found.

“Ugh. If I ever get out of this, Jack is so dead.”

Rief tried to get out of the bed only to find that he wasn’t full healed quite yet. Making close friends with the floor, Rief looked around the dim room until he spotted the only door in the room opening. Rief quickly rolled under the bed as Thaum walked in.

“Get out from under there boy. The floor isn’t a good place to rest up and it certainly doesn’t help that I haven’t gotten around to sweeping under there in decades.” Thaum barked.

Rief rolled out from under the bed covered in a thick layer of dust. Getting up painfully, Rief hauled himself onto the bed in a sitting position, facing his captor.

“Well congratulations, despite the turret’s best effort, you’re still alive, and it took a lot of work on my part to keep you that way.” Thaum went on.

“Why didn’t you let me die?” Rief asked.

“Because I never intended to kill you you idiot.” Thaum replied sharply.

“What about that whole ‘We’ve decided something should be done about you’ crap?”

“We wanted you out of the way, not dead. Besides, you’re not allowed to die yet, I still require your services.”

Rief stared at Cigruta blankly.

“As I said earlier, a thief willing to steal from magicians is very rare. Not a lot of mortals are willing to take on an opponent armed with the supernatural. Someone with your courage could be very useful if utilized properly.” Thaum went on.

“What exactly are you trying to say?” Rief asked.

“I’m offering you a job Rief. If a lowly thief who can steal from a magician is worth fearing, just think of what a thief with the help of a magician can accomplish.”

Rief looked at Thaum calmly, “You can’t be serious. What could you possibly need my help with?”

“That is to be revealed at a later date. As for now, get some rest and recover from those bullet wounds of yours.”

“Bullets?”

“Yes, bullets, those are what you got hit with the other day, it’s a small miracle that you’re still alive by the way, I’d just like to reiterate that. Anyway, I’m not surprised that you haven’t heard of them, those turrets were a gift from a friend of mine. Now then, if that’s everything for now, rest up. Advanced training starts tomorrow.” Thaum mentally turned off the lights and exited through the door. Rief didn’t have to try the handle to know that it was locked.
Report Spam   Logged

Dark Days Are Coming.
Gaffit
Harbringer of Gamma

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2008, 04:45:30 pm »

Next chapter up either today or tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged

Dark Days Are Coming.
Gaffit
Harbringer of Gamma

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2008, 05:33:35 pm »

Chapter 5

Rief woke in the morning to a bright flash that filled his vision. Rubbing his eyes against the light, Rief squinted to see the form of Thaum Cigruta standing before him, holding a ball of light to light the room.

“Stand up boy, there’s work to be done! Follow me.”

Rief sat up on his bed and pushed himself off, chasing after Thaum’s diminishing form, his eyes still partially blinded from his wake up call.

Thaum led Rief through the countless halls of the fortress until they entered a door that led into a sprawling courtyard somewhere in the middle of the castle, which seemed to Rief to be somehow bigger than the castle itself. Rief spied a sturdy wooden box near the door.

“This is where we’ll start your training,” Thaum announced.

“Training for what exactly?”

“Another time Rief, another time. Now then...” The wooden box levitated over to Thaum’s side. Opening it, Thaum revealed Rief’s familiar old shoes that he’d had for ages. “I’ve taken the liberty of making some modifications to your footwear, I hope you don’t mind,”. Thaum chucked the shoes at Rief who swiftly caught them. As he caught them, Rief felt magic flood into his veins, pouring into him more powerfully than any trinket he’d ever stolen. Rief put the shoes on his feet and felt the sweet embrace of magic hugging his legs.

“What did you do to them?” Rief asked in wonder.

“Well, one of the charms I added let’s you do this,” Thaum pulled an object out from within his robe. It looked like a miniaturized turret. Without hesitation, Thaum aimed the object at Rief and pulled the trigger. A bright flash shot forth from the gun as Rief threw up his arms in a fetal defense. After a couple moments, Rief realized that nothing was happening.

Literally nothing.

The sound of the wind had stopped, the wildlife was silent. Rief looked up to see a small silver ball heading towards him at a snail’s pace. As soon as Rief stepped out of the objects path the tree directly behind him shattered in  a shower of splinters. The sounds of the world were restored.

“I got rid of your bullet problem.” Thaum stated, smiling broadly at his own handiwork.

“You did what?” Rief asked incredulously.
“Your shoes can now put your reflexes and speed into a hyper-state. Normally you have to activate the magic manually, but I theorized that your experience with magical objects would allow you to do it on instinct.” Thaum answered.

“And what would have happened to me if your theory was wrong?”

“Then my poor tree would be just fine right now.”

“Ignoring that, this is incredible!” Rief said while admiring his shoes, “Easily the most impressive charm work I’ve ever seen. And you did it in one day?”

“Well I did have to put in an all-nighter... I’d be careful with your shoes for now though, they put something of a strain on your muscles. Your body has never been put into a hyper-state before and it’s not fully used to it.”

Rief did feel a sudden wave of fatigue wash over him. “How long do the effects last?” Rief asked.

“For now, you shouldn’t use the hyper-state too frequently, but eventually your muscles will become used to it and you’ll be able to enter a hyper-state at any time with no ill-effects. Eventually, you won’t even need the shoes. Now then, onto the second lesson for today.”

Thaum mentally pushed the box next to Rief.

“Stand on the box Rief.”

Rief climbed onto the box. It was about two feet high, and looked like a generic wooden box.

“Now jump up and down.” Thaum demanded

“You’re joking.”

“I’ve never been more serious in my life. Jump up and down. Now.” Thaum demanded again.

Rief began jumping up and down. “How long do I have to do this for?” Rief asked.

“Give it a second.”

“Give what a second?” Rief asked, still jumping up and down.

“Alright, you can stop. Now then, look down.”

Rief looked down only to realize that Thaum had mentally pushed the box three feet to his left. Rief was standing on thin air.

“Should I be worried?” Rief asked, still floating two feet above the ground.

“If you want to. Not much reason to be though. I made another modification to your shoes. You can fly now.”

“Fly?”

“Yes. Well, it’s more like hovering really...”

“At any time?”

“As long as you’re wearing the shoes, yes”

Rief hit the ground with a thump. “This is amazing!”

“Consider it an up front payment for the services you will be providing me. Rest assured that there is plenty more where that came from.”

“What more could I possibly need? With shoes that can let me run that fast and fly, I can’t imagine anything that can stop me”

“Trust me Rief. For what I’ll be needing done, you’re going to need more help than super-powered footwear for what lies ahead. Now then, I’ll leave you to your practices. Don’t try to escape though, you’ll just end up hitting an invisible wall about 200 feet up. We’ll continue with our next lesson tomorrow.”

Thaum opened the door leading back into the castle and took his leave.
Report Spam   Logged

Dark Days Are Coming.
The world savers
The french fry

^ This is Nikoleis

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2008, 01:50:54 am »

Talk about training !

“Then my poor tree would be just fine right now.”

That made me laugh !
Report Spam   Logged