Clash of Smash
April 20, 2024, 05:57:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to CoS

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Clasher Interview #2: Gaffit

Recent Items

Views: 5
Comments (0)
By: SmokeyBear

Views: 3
Comments (0)
By: SmokeyBear

Views: 6
Comments (0)
By: True

Views: 4
Comments (0)
By: dmax129
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clasher Interview #2: Gaffit  (Read 854 times)
Judgment Angel Zero
JudgmentAngel0
Admin

Welcome to Clash of Smash! ;D

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2008, 07:16:55 pm »

I'm doing this because Nikoleis seems to have forgotten. This week (following Nikoleis's format for this week) we shall be interviewing Gaffit's character, Gaffit.
So...Yeah. Ask away.
Report Spam   Logged

Pic by Doc.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gaffit
Harbringer of Gamma

The One Man Gamma Ray Experience Project.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 07:17:50 pm »

*Enters*
Report Spam   Logged

Dark Days Are Coming.
This Message Has Been Intercepted. You Have Been Mislead. There Is No Conspiracy.
Judgment Angel Zero
JudgmentAngel0
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 07:20:30 pm »

Gaffit, where do you get inspiration for your abilities?
Report Spam   Logged

Pic by Doc.
Gaffit
Harbringer of Gamma

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 07:48:01 pm »

Tough question. I'll give you the breakdown:

Technopathy: Technopathy has always been my favorite super hero power. And when LawnChair and ToolBox became my primary weapons, it seemed that it would be a lot more simpler to give my character technopathy as a way of communicating with the two faster. Though in recent days, I use it for a bit more than just communicating with LawnChair and ToolBox.

Gamma: This is a two-parter, my original love for radiation-based abilities came from the novel Nuklear Age by Brian Clevinger (READ IT!) where the main character Nuklear Man has a slew of Plasma based powers. The term Gamma comes from my early Gamefaqs days where whenever someone posted something stupid, I would type "*Melts tc with Gamma Vision*". That's also where my love for spontanious melting came from.

Metal-Kinesis: Originally, I had no plans at all for metal-kinesis. Back on Gamefaqs, I decided that Gaffit was too much of a powerhouse and that his abilities were simply too all over the place. So I decided to split Gaffit into two characters, Gaffit and Gamma. Gaffit would be a tech wiz and Gamma would be a creature of pure Gamma Radiation. So I decided to give my characters abilities specific to their backstory, and since Gaffit had Technopathy but no way of creating machines, I decided to give him Metal-Kinesis.

Animation: During the split between Gaffit and Gamma, Gaffit had a lot of ability slots to fill, so I gave him Animation as I figured that anything radiated enough could theoretically be brought to sentience. I'm sorry to say that my initial inspiration for this ability actually came from the TV show Jackie Chan Adventures, where one of the talismans could bring non-living things to life.

Density Control: I completely forget where that came from and I have no idea why it's still around as it is completely useless given my other abilities. It's like an alien came down to Earth and possessed me into giving myself a crappy ability.

Tempurature Control: I wanted to melt things and a shot of Gamma Vision could be dodged. Plus I had to fill an ability slot that was somewhat radiation related when I split Gamma and Gaffit.

Invisibility: I got the inspiration for this ability when watching Heroes. Claude the invisible man was my favorite character, so I inserted a little ode to him in my profile. I don't particularly get a lot of use out of it though. I feel really cheap whenever I use it...

Atomic Transformation: Atomic was around long before this ability. I forget who faced him first... it might have been Gar but I can't be positive. Anyway, I decided to insert a scenario where Gaffit gets too much Gamma in his veins and his primal instincts take over. Viola, Atomic was born. This was also the birth of the infamous ability: Atomic Manipulation. Many people mistaken Atomic for a split personality, but in reality it's just Gaffit gone crazy.

Astral Projection: I was feeling like an ass one day and decided to get cheap. This is another of my many abilities that I simply don't see a lot of use out of. The inspiration for this ability came from an endearing episode of 4400.

Master Programmer: True said it would be a good idea.

Gamma Laser Wave: The combination of the deadliness of a Razer Laser, the destruction of Gamma, and the radius of a Gamma Wave. I used this trick in my first fight ever against my first opponent Koover who managed to cancel it out with a black hole. It has since become something of a staple.

Earth Animation: What a ****-poor idea. I mean... What the hell was I thinking!? In what way shape or form could this ever ever be used to win a fight?

Γγ: Ah, I could never forget about my good friend Gamma. When Gaffit and Gamma were re-united back into one character to make room for Rief, Gamma was considered dead and gone. I always liked the idea of having a character who was a ruthless, mindless killing machine, but I never had the character slot for it. So I turned Gamma into a GmB that happens to be the most powerful move in Gaffit's arsenal.

Looking at how many crap abilities I just realized I have, you may look forward to a revamp in the near future...

Next question!
Report Spam   Logged

Dark Days Are Coming.
This Message Has Been Intercepted. You Have Been Mislead. There Is No Conspiracy.
HMA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 07:54:58 pm »

What do you think of the current clashers?
Report Spam   Logged
Judgment Angel Zero
JudgmentAngel0
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 08:17:16 pm »

*runs out of questions*
*recalls other clashers*

Who would you consider your rival? I don't mean your mortal enemy, but one whom you like to clash with often, who brings a good challenge. Or whatever.
Report Spam   Logged

Pic by Doc.
Gaffit
Harbringer of Gamma

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 08:20:24 pm »

What do you think of the current clashers?
We need more of them.

To be more serious, I thoroughly enjoy the company of this forum.

*runs out of questions*
*recalls other clashers*

Who would you consider your rival? I don't mean your mortal enemy, but one whom you like to clash with often, who brings a good challenge. Or whatever.

You or Doc.

Most likely you because I actually stand a decent chance.

Doc'll just melt me or phase-spam.
Report Spam   Logged

Dark Days Are Coming.
HMA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 08:23:37 pm »

While I think of proper questions about you, I will stall with the following.
What do you think of me bringing back Blood, but less god-modey?
Report Spam   Logged
Gaffit
Harbringer of Gamma

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 08:25:44 pm »

While I think of proper questions about you, I will stall with the following.
What do you think of me bringing back Blood, but less god-modey?
Go for it, but I don't reccommend using blood as your theme. Too many people have a stratedgy for it nowadays. Make you theme something else with Blood as a side-ability. But that's just my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Dark Days Are Coming.
HMA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 08:35:05 pm »

Who are your three favorite clashers?
Report Spam   Logged
Gaffit
Harbringer of Gamma

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 08:36:49 pm »

Who are your three favorite clashers?

Myself 3 times.

Next Question!
Report Spam   Logged

Dark Days Are Coming.
HMA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 08:40:05 pm »

Other then yourself?
Report Spam   Logged
Gaffit
Harbringer of Gamma

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 08:45:37 pm »

But I luv all of you equally. You are my children.  Kiss

But if I had to play favorites out of the All Time category and not just current, it would be DarkNerd, Koover, and Doc.

I had complete respect for DarkNerd for making such a badass vigilante character which is my favorite type.

Koover was my first opponent and we became friends while setting up Fort Bomber, but it seems that things have somewhat soured between us.

And Doc has been cool to me the entire time I've been a part of CoS. He was also the one that got me a Creator position.
Report Spam   Logged

Dark Days Are Coming.
HMA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 08:51:57 pm »

Most amazing battle you have had?
Report Spam   Logged
Gaffit
Harbringer of Gamma

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008, 08:55:51 pm »

Most amazing battle you have had?

All of them against Judgment. The guy is fun as Hell to fight. Especially that one high-speed battle we had. He knows what I'm talking about. Plus we usually go back and forth between winning and losing
Report Spam   Logged

Dark Days Are Coming.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: